Wednesday, October 17, 2012


Kid’s Corner

{Week 2: Music}

                         Activity: Itsy Bitsy Spider
       
                                                       Lesson by Briana


Theme: Halloween      Color: Black

Please visit the link Kid’s Corner to learn how easy it is to complete our lessons with your child!

Daily Opener:  
1.             Prayer {Say a prayer with your child}
2.            Calendar {Click on the link to learn how to use the calendar}.
3.      ABC / 123 Song {Sing the ABC’s with your child & sing numbers 1-10 with your child}. 

Description: Your child will learn the legendary song “The Itsy Bitsy Spider” while learning the hand movements to this fun and enjoyable tune.

Materials:
  • Your Enthusiasm and Voice
Directions:
      1.   Sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider and use your hands to make the spider movement:

The itsy bitsy spider
Went up the water spout
Down came the rain
And washed the spider out
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain
And the itsy bitsy spider went up the spout again

2. Sing again, and have child copy your hand movements.

Learning Opportunity: 
1.             Your child will learn new words with the song.
2.            Your child will learn movement by practicing the song.
3.            Your child will have gained confidence while completing this activity.

Read Aloud: 
Trustworthy Poem

I am trustworthy yes I am
I tell the truth, every chance I can
I am trustworthy, yes I am
I follow the rules, every chance I can
I am trustworthy, yes I am
I do what I say I do, every chance I can.


Daily Craft: Activity Jar {Click on the link to learn about using the activity jar}

Stallone Tested & Approved: Who doesn’t love singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider? What a great song to teach your little one, if you have not already done so! It fits so well with our “Halloween” themed month, and doing the hand movements makes the song that much better! Have fun teaching your little a “preschool classic!”



No comments:

Post a Comment